Sunday

Wow ~ Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Reduction...




This dish didn't "wow" anyone for Thanksgiving.  Aren't you surprised?  Look at them, they are gorgeous.  Well, these aren't the ones I made for then, these were tonight's version.  I kept mulling over why the brussel sprouts didn't work as well as I expected.  So tonight, I tried them again.  And boy did they "wow" me.  I figured out what step I left off.   I have been reading all over the internet about brussel sprouts and balsamic vinegar, and bought aged balsamic.  Just a simple roast of the veggies and toss with the vinegar.  And magic, they "pop" in your mouth.  They didn't.....  So back to the drawing board I went.  I decided to reduce the balsamic and try again.  And voila, they are a show stopper for sure now.  It's all in the reduction sauce folks.  So even if you have the best balsamic, reduce it to a rich syrup and you will dance for joy.  The brussel sprouts and your guests will thank you.  ;)

No recipe really, just trim, cut the sprouts in half (no matter what size), toss with about 1 tablespoon of salt and about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.  Roast at 425 F., for 15 minutes.  Remove from the oven, turn sprouts over and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, take 1/2 cup of good balsamic vinegar and place in a small sauce pan.  Turn stove to medium and let cook and reduce down for about 10 minutes, stirring all the while.  Shut off stove.

Remove sprouts from oven, toss with 1/2 of the reduction sauce and plate.  Use the other half of reduction to drizzle around the platter.

And guess what?  They "pop".  They "wow".  And they are absolutely a gorgeous side dish....

5 comments:

Martha said...

I've not used the reduction, but we like the balsamic sprinkled over the sprouts. I will try the reduction next time I make them. We sometimes add dried cranberries as well. Like that tangy tartness with the sprouts and the vinegar!

Taste the Rainbow said...

Hi Martha,

Like I said, it's really, really over the top with the reduction. The cranberry idea sounds like a nice addition.

Thanks,
Mary

Regina said...

Oh Mary, these look sooo good and we all just love Brussel Sprouts. This will be the recipe I use next time I make them.

Taste the Rainbow said...

Hi Regina,

They are so good too. If your family loves Brussel Sprouts, they will love these. Easy peasy for your busy work night. :)

chenlina said...

chenlina20160516
nike roshe run
cheap jordan shoes
true religion
toms outlet
michael kors handbags
air jordans
rolex watches
hollister
michael kors handbags
louis vuitton handbags
tiffany outlet
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
toms shoes outlet online
coach factory outlet
louis vuitton
beats by dr dre
tiffany jewelry
polo ralph lauren
coach outlet
coach outlet online
coach outlet
kate spade handbags
kobe 9
michael kors handbags
cheap oakley sunglasses
true religion jeans
adidas uk
jeremy scott shoes
toms wedges
air max 90
jordan shoes
louis vuitton outlet
kobe bryant shoes
oakley vault
jordan retro 3
michael kors handbags
michael kors
toms shoes
as