Sunday

Barefoot Contessa's Perfect Roast Chicken ~


This is a fabulous dinner dish, and yes Ina you were right.  It is the Perfect Roast Chicken.  I tweaked it just a bit though, I omitted the carrots and added a halved yukon gold potato.  I replaced the butter with olive oil, but that didn't change the flavor of this dish at all.  If I were serving it to company, I would stick with the carrots and make a potato dish that I like.  I didn't strain the gravy, because I like the rustic bits in the pan sauce.  But, if it weren't just for me, I would strain the gravy.

And I have these twisty tie things, that truss a chicken or turkey.  I am sure you could find them in any kitchen store.  They are much easier to use than string and can be used time and again.  And go right into the dishwasher.  My chicken looks like an alien though ~



Here is the chicken right from the oven, after I removed the twisty tie thing.  The skin comes out golden brown and crisp.  My bird was only 3lbs, so I roasted it for 1 hour and 15 minutes and it was done perfectly.




I just poured a little sauce right on top of the fennel, potato and chicken.  Yum.



And thanks Ina, you are so right, this is just perfect.

Here's a link to Ina Garten's recipe.  Enjoy ~ 


 

11 comments:

Regina said...

Mary, your chicken looks so good. I have never cooked with fennel but you made me want to give it a try. What a lovely dinner!

Taste the Rainbow said...

Thanks Regina,

I never cooked with fenneleither before I watched Ina use it. It is delish with anything I've ever tried. :)

Taste the Rainbow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Looks beautiful Mary.

Taste the Rainbow said...

Thanks Stephanie,

It sure was easy to do and my house smelled heavenly while it was roasting. :)

oakleyses said...

asics shoes, rolex watches, ugg outlet, new balance outlet, north face jackets, mac cosmetics, valentino shoes, jimmy choo shoes, bottega veneta, barbour, nike roshe, birkin bag, p90x workout, nike trainers, celine handbags, roshe run, ferragamo shoes, hollister, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, soccer shoes, ugg soldes, instyler ionic styler, insanity workout, north face outlet, marc jacobs outlet, soccer jerseys, uggs on sale, giuseppe zanotti, abercrombie and fitch, longchamp, mcm handbags, vans outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, nfl jerseys, abercrombie and fitch, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, babyliss pro, ghd, herve leger

oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, lancel, moncler, air max, hollister canada, moncler, oakley, converse, ugg boots, canada goose, ray ban, canada goose, vans, canada goose uk, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, moncler, hollister, moncler, converse shoes, toms outlet, uggs canada, moncler, hollister clothing, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, ugg, supra shoes, montre femme, gucci, replica watches, canada goose outlet, nike air max, karen millen, canada goose, canada goose pas cher, canada goose outlet, iphone 6 case, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, ralph lauren, wedding dress, moncler, parajumpers outlet, louboutin

raybanoutlet001 said...

hugo boss suits
longchamp handbags
oakley sunglasses
supra sneakers
ugg boots
nike trainers
ugg boots
fitflops sale
cheap basketball shoes
nike store

5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.24
canada goose
adidas ultra boost
ugg boots clearance
pandora charms
tory burch handbags
true religion jeans
polo ralph lauren outlet
moncler online
oakley sunglasses wholesale
giuseppe zanotti

jeje said...

coach outlet online
adidas clothing
ray ban sunglasses
pandora charms
coach factory outlet
ugg boots clearance
nike outlet factory
coach outlet
ecco shoes

jeje said...

coach outlet online
adidas clothing
ray ban sunglasses
pandora charms
coach factory outlet
ugg boots clearance
nike outlet factory
coach outlet
ecco shoes