Sunday

There are a few things I like about Winter ~



Roasting vegetables...  Endless possibilites and so easy.  Did I say delicious too?  Well, they are very.  The vegetables get carmelized, tender and sweet. 

Only 3 ingredients too.

Salt, pepper and olive oil.  Just be sure to have them about the same size in your roasting pan.  Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.  Toss with salt, pepper and olive oil.  Place in the oven for 15 minutes.  Take the vegetables out of the oven and turn them over.  Place back in the oven for 15 minutes more.

And you get deliciousness every time.  See?  Oh how I adore fennel and potatoes together.... yum ~



 

Chinese broccoli... the leaves get nice and crispy too.



You can roast any vegetable you want or like, but the smaller the vegetable the less time in the oven.  Asparagus is about 10 minutes on one side and about 5 minutes on the second.  So adjust your time and you'll have perfectly easy and delicious vegetables. 

Yup, I like some things about Winter.....

 

2 comments:

Southerncook said...

Oh Mary, I dearly LOVE roasted veggies too. I am planning to roast some this evening and I really like sprinkling some grated French Racclette cheese on top too. Over the top. I have never done potatoes and fennel but am going to try it. Also, I never cook broccoli because Mr. Picky Eater won't touch it BUT I can certainly add them to my roasted veggies.Great idea and I can't believe I had not thought of that before.

Loved your post, Carolyn

Taste the Rainbow said...

Thanks Carolyn, you are very sweet. You will really love the fennel with yukon golds too.

Adding cheese sounds like a wonderful addition, thanks.

Hugs,
Mare